Thursday, June 18, 2009

fotn, some serious news

I needed to go Kmart so get me some pore strips to try. But the boyfriend was taking a nap so I just played around again. I never did a yellow look because I thought yellow does not compliment my skin tone. But I found that incorporating some browns work well. So without further ado...





Face:
Physician's Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Yellow
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Toast
MAC Fafi Blush in Hipness
Eyes:
UDPP
Shu Uemura E/S in Yellow
MAC E/S in Amber Lights
MAC E/S in Satin Taupe
MAC E/S in Carbon [Just a Hint]
Lips:
Carmex
MAC L/S in Lady Bug




So on our way to Kmart [around 10:30 pm] not far from home we notice that a bunch of cars were stopped in the middle of our biggest highway on Guam, Marine Corps Drive or Route 1. There was an accident involving a van and a motorcycle on the opposite side of our lane. It had just happened when we passed by. We slowed and rolled our windows down to get a better look. All we heard were screams and I immediately got so scared. We saw the man that was on the bike laying down on the road, no movement. I wanted to stop but we were causing traffic on our lane so we just went ahead to kmart. I was in shock and I started to cry saying "I hope he's okay, I hope he's okay". Although we didnt know if he was alive, I put myself in the shoes of his family because MY boyfriend cruises on his bike too. We argue numerous times because I dont want him to. I guess thats why I really freaked out. When we got to kmart I was just so shook that I forgot what we went there for, I just wanted to walk around and take my mind off what we just saw. While there, we got a call from his brother telling us about it coz he cruises too, word travels fast. Turns out Marvin's parents were three cars behind this guy heading home. They said he was ripping it and cutting people off until he hit the van. On the side of the road theres a retail store and a bbq stand that a van was coming out of and the motorcycle was going too fast to avoid. His parents said they panicked because they thought it was either my bf or his brother. They stopped to try to help. And thats when we passed by, someone checked for a pulse and said "he's gone". We're all just in shock right now. I just had a serious talk with Marvin and told him to sell his bike. I've been arguing with him about getting the bike in the first place. He thinks I just dont want him to have fun. That accident is exactly why I didnt want him to get it. Its so sad because he was probably just heading home. Bf said he sees the guy around and he was a customer at their shop awhile ago. I was told he's african-american, in the airforce and probably just stationed here. R.I.P [I dont have his name] I wish I can send my condolences to his family. So be safe everyone.

12 comments:

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Oh my how sad ='( I hope your bf really realizes your concerns now and actually sells his bike. That's such a scary thought to think that it could be someone you love in that type of situation. I always told my bf that I couldn't be with him if he decided to get a bike, just because I'd be even more of a nervous wreck than I already am and would go crazy out of worrying.

mszcheysser said...

Oh my gosh,

When I was on my work, I saw the road being blocked as well & I was freaking out what happen. Awww, poor man & his family. That sucks.

I told my boyfriend not to ride also, when I found out that he took the motorcycle license exam behind my back, I was super mad at him and good thing that he failed. He hasn't tried another time, because I been lecturing him not to get since it's so dangerous. Blaaaaaah! :((

♥MSZCHEYSSER
I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.

KRYSTAL said...

i love the look!! yellow looks goood on you, woman!! and thats such a sad story!! i wouldnt want mc to even own a motorcycle either, its so dangerous!

Shantee said...

Oooo Nice fotn...yellow looks good on you!
Aww poor guy...really sad story...and my hubby was even thinkin of buying a bike...chh...

Melissa Joy said...

I think you blended the yellow nicely with the brown! I hear so many sad stories like that I hope your bf or your brother remain safe!

Anonymous said...

That is terrible news! I would too convince your man to get rid of that bike. 9 out of 10 people that I know of that has/had bikes, eventually do get hurt. it's so dangerous!!

Unknown said...

omg thats a terriblke news ugh!

Also, awesome look. im lovin it.

x_JENNYLYN said...

I absolutely loove the yellow and brown look!!

but yeah even mark, wants to get a bike and i keep telling him, if you think guam has crazy drivers, the drivers here are three or bajillion times worst!!!
just tell marvin to sellll it!!!
ay nako these boys thats why!!!!

oh yeahhh if you need any make u stuff, just tell me, like MUF and stuff... just tell marvin to put it in mark's account and i'll send it there! :) i'm pretty sure shippping is expensive there!

M. Uson said...

oh goodness honey!!! I have been scolding vince too because he has been bugging me to let him buy a bike. I was like EXCUSEEE MEE!! NO uh uh... NO end of discussion. These boys think this will never happen to them, but you never know you can't control the other driver. When you are in a bike, you are more than likely going to fly off and die instantly...Guys need to stop with their risky behaviors they are giving the women of their lives heart aches... i totally feel you hun....BTW i love the yellow and brown! I was actually going to do a look like this hehe... i'll use this as an inspiration. It looks beautiful!

M. Uson said...

thanks hun... that is actually a great idea!!! I might just do it... MIGHT LOL... Vince got mad at me for wasting the product lol... He was like!!! Don't do it unless you are going to wear it!! LOL... I don't think I would wear that green look in public. It would bring alot of attention lol...

♥akisa♥ said...

your lips are too CUTE!! >_< by the way I'm having a giveaway competition on BeautySwatch.com where you can feature your favourite lipstick/gloss.

Jem said...

you look gorgeous,hun!
^_^

im pretty sure it was a shocked when you saw that man..
its cases like this when we get to realize how fragile life is..
it can be taken away with a blink of an eye
:(

i hope your bf will seriously consider giving up his bike
*hugs*

i guess you really worry everytime he rides it