Tuesday, June 9, 2009

eotd + review on the beauty blender

I didnt get to go work yesterday. The night before that I was having trouble urinating. I had the urge of going even though I just went. When i'd go back to use it nothing would come out, but the sensation was still there. Wierd huh. So the next morning [yesterday] when I woke up to get ready for work, I peed and it hurrrrt like hell, I also noticed there was blood. So I called my clinic for a same day appointment. They took a urine sample and the doctor told me it's UTI or Urinary Tract Infection. She said it's quite common for girls my age, especially if they're sexually active. She just gave me antibiotics that I have to take for the next week. Well today's the second day of taking the medicine, and im happy that its not that painful and slowly going away.
After my visit to the clinic I went home so I could take the med right away [one side effect is drowziness]. So while I waiting for it to kick in, I played with my makeup and I came up with this wierd ass look but I thought it still looked kinda cool. I dont even know what I would call it. It's definitely not wearable, well for me that is. I really dont know what I was inspired by haha. I know it sucks. Anyway Enjoy!





Face:
MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC40
Physician's Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Yellow
CS 28 Neutral Palette for Blush
Eyes:
CS 88 Colorful Eyeshadow Palette [Matte]

I was just playing around thats why I didnt use much products. You can tell my lips are kinda chapped, ewww!




Beauty Blender Review

When I saw this at a new beauty store I just had to have it [of course, after reading all the reviews] The one thing that might throw people back is the price though. On Guam, The sponge by itself is $21.95 and the cleanser itself is $19.95. They also have a set of both for $38.95. I checked the website and there no big difference. Online, the sponge itself is $19.95 and the cleanser is $17.95, the set it $34.95 + shipping which I dont know the price of. It's pretty expensve for a sponge but they claim that its good for up to three months with cleansing. When you're ready to toss it out you can send it back to them to recycle. If you're interested you can check Beautyblender.Net.
Even if most of the reviews on the beautyblender were good, I still had my doubts. It might've worked for them and wont do the same for me. Well right when I got home I tried it and I was completely sold [haha even if I bought it already] In my opinion, it covers so much more than my foundation brushes do and it makes it look more natural or like an airbrush finish with the bouncing technique. Because it relatively small it does take a while to apply, but whatev just start getting ready a few minutes earlier right? Haha. I also noticed that it doesnt feel as cakey as when applied with a brush or regular sponge, Because it lets you use less product for thinner application while still covering up your flaws. The shape plays a big part of it too. Because its round and has no edges so it leaves no streaks. The pointy side of it can be used for the hard to reach areas, like under your eyes or the sides of your nose. This sponge can also be used for concealers and cream bases, anything in liquid form really. And I havent tried it yet but it can also be used with powders. Overall I love it and figuratively speaking, im throwing out my foundations brushes. LOL
Pros: Gives great coverage, feels natural, no streaks, reusable, eco friendly [recyclable], cute appearance, uses less product
Cons: Expensive, Time Consuming

12 comments:

donnarence said...

perfect!!! this looks is just truly wow shar!! the colors and the way you applied them is very nice.. :D i love everything.. btw,, hope you'll be okay soon.. :D the beauty blender looks good for foundation application but damn it is not available here in the phils.. :C

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

wohoo. lovin the eye make up! yeah, i heard about that beauty blender, i heard it's great. thanks for the review. :)

FuN and MakeUp said...

wow wut a crazy look! came out good. dont think i can do that =[ wut did u use? do u wear this out?

Dana Yoshimizu said...

I really like the eyeshadow - it's so colorful & looks perfect!

Chomfifi said...

what a fun look you have there!

KRYSTAL said...

lol i agree its not wearable for me too, but it does look nice!

Mz.Chrissy said...

nice colorful look =D hope u get better soon that UTI is common i 4got who else got that but yeah it sounds painful

Anonymous said...

this is SO cool girl i like all the colors you put on .. . really this is wow!

Naomi said...

what a fun look! I love it :)

mszcheysser said...

Wow! That is different. But it still looks good :) Artist in the making huh! Eeee.

Eyyy! Thanks for reviewing. Now I'm going to get it, but I'm not too sure about the other one.

Anonymous said...

edgy!! wooo diggin the color combo! great review..i have yet to try the beauty blender.

M. Uson said...

AMAAAAZZZZZINGGGGGGGG SHARRRRRRR!!! I LOVEEEEE ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just beautiful! Hey what beauty store is this love? and where is it? hook a sistah up!!!LOL

again, I love it!