Sunday, May 24, 2009

fotd: spiced chocolate, haul, mini review

Spiced Chocolate fotd;
Today was my cousin, April's baby shower! It's a boyyy! Babe and I got really cute onesies for him, unfortunately I dont have pictures because we went and got it right before we went to the party. BTW she's naming him 'Brad Riley'. I cant wait to meet my nephew, she's due in early July. Yayyy! Ok Moving on, I didnt know what to do makeup wise. And I remembered that I just got the spiced chocolate quad from the cult of cherry collection (i know, so late huh). I love that quad, the colors remind me of arabian style makeup. I used the three dark colors and im pretty satisfied with the outcome. I didnt go picture crazy this time because we still had to get a gift. Im using a new foundation which I will be mentioning about right after this.
Face:
Physician's Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Yellow
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Toast.
MAC Select Moisture Cover in NC35
MAC HK Fun and Games blush
Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Brash E/S
MAC Sweet Chestnut E/S
MAC Spiced Chocolate E/S
MAC Ricepaper E/S
MAC Penultimate Liner in Rapidblack
MAC Technakohl Liner in Graphblack
False lashies
Maybelline Define-a-Lash Mascara in Soft Black
Lips:
My one and only CARMEX
MAC Heatherette L/S in Fleshpot
MAC HK L/G in Mimmy

Kmart Haul;
Revlon Colorstay Foundation Combination/Oily Skin Formula in Toast
Physician's Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Yellow
Mini Review;
As I mentioned earlier, Im using a new foundation. Its the Revlon Colorstay Foundation Combination/Oily Skin formula in Toast. I've researched and read so many good reviews about it so I decided to try it out for myself. Before this I was using my MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC40 buuuttt after longwear my face gets really oily and shiny. Ewww! I like that it had full coverage though. After that I tried Chanel Mat Lumiere in Intense Naturel 50. This would have been thee perfect foundation for me if they had a little bit of a darker shade. The MUA told me that it matches me so I got it. I dont know, maybe it was just the lighting at Macy's that made it look as if its my shade or she doesnt know her shit. But after a few uses I noticed that it was too light for me. I still used it of course because first of all, I paid $40 for that teeny bottle and secondly it wasnt that obvious But I still felt insecure about it soooo I went foundation hunting (lol). I had my eyes on the Revlon one for quite a while but I still had my doubts. So I finally caved in and I told myself 'its a bit pricey for a drugstore brand but hellloooo you just wasted $40 on something you werent satisfied with. whats another $15. Who knows this just might be the one' lol. Well I got it and overall I love it.
In my own opinion.
Pros: Stays matte and fresh looking, lasts long, transfer resistant, great coverage, a variety of shades to choose from, easy to apply.
Cons: Glass bottle with no pump (but maybe any pump will work), Dries fast so you'd have to blend fast, a bit pricey for a drugstore brand.

13 comments:

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

very nice look babe! <333

Chomfifi said...

oo spice chocolate sounds good! great look!

Unknown said...

the spiced chocolate quad is the first quad i ever owned from Mac and its just soo pretty! I use the spice chocolate evey single day ;)

btw i like the look you did. you look very pretty!

Unknown said...

the spiced chocolate quad is the first quad i ever owned from Mac and its just soo pretty! I use the spice chocolate evey single day ;)

btw i like the look you did. you look very pretty!

donnarence said...

wow for your first mac palette!!the colors are really spicy..

Danica Krizia said...

oohh i love it!

Jennnyy. said...

i like the look :) congrats on your cousin's baby!!

M. Uson said...

OOH thanks Shar!!! I have been sooo iffy about buying foundation too!! So I've always opted towards Powder/foundations. But there are times where i want that nice look foundation gives. But I crackeddd up when you said about the MUA "or she doesn't know her shit" hahaha.... loves it!

mszcheysser said...

Great look! You're so good Shar ;)

Anonymous said...

hey i like this color combo .. wearable! nice lips too..

Julisa said...

really pretty look!

SwatchCrazee said...

love the look!

Melissa Joy said...

Hello! Do you know your mac shade? I used to be NC35, but now I am probably NC37 or NC40 even. If your NC40 is toast just right or a little dark or light. Thank you!