Friday, May 22, 2009

mszcheysser's first contest + fotd: filipino flag

MszCheysser's 1st Contest: Philippines Inspired!
A friend of mine, Cheysser, is holding a contest! Sorry to say but its only open to those residing in the Philippines. Her main reason is because her followers from Philippines dont have these common drugstore brands available. So im just here to help her spread the word so she can get as many entries and more followers! Wooohooo! Anyways here are the rules...

So what are the requirements?
01. You must be a follower of my blog, of course!
02. You must be in the country of the Philippines.
03. You must be able to get a package from USPS.
So what's the contest?
01. In your blog, list down 5 things that you enjoy about being a Filipina/Filipino.
02. Be creative, add pictures/videos e.t.c
03. Link me in your blog! :)
How do you win?
01. I will be judging - and I will ask 1-2 other fellow bloggers from Guam to help me!
What are the prizes?
01. In my package, I will include products from NYX (Mainly, because this is the most common thing that I get comments about) and "Insert SECOND common Drug Store Brand in here". **
Please comment me, telling me which drug store brand that you are having a hard time finding in the Philippines, as well. If you are the winner, I will shop for your prize. :) And also, that you're entering in my contest! LOL.IF YOU'RE CREATIVE...And create a look with the Philippines' flag color, I will include a GRAND PRIZE. That is if you win.
When Does This End?
I would like to end this on June 7, 2009, so that I can send the package with my parents when they go to the Philippines but date might change to June 30, 2009 if I decide to just send it with USPS. I will let you know. =)

So good luck to all the pinays (and pinoys lol) from the Philippines!



Five reasons I enjoy being pinay:
01. The food. Especially Pancit, KareKare, Tinola, Adobo YUMMM!

02. The Movies. The Cheesy Romantics and Comedies.



03. Wowowee and ASAP. It's a fun way to help out the more unfortunate people. and its suuuper funny too. Great Filipino entertainment!

04. Our unique culture. One example is this folk dance called 'tinikling'

05. Our very superstitious Lolas, Moms and Aunties. LOL Its funny but scary at the same time. I dont have pictures but I have some examples, some of them i've never even heard of.
- Don't go to a baptism when pregnant or the two kids will be enemies.
- Don't clip fingernails at night or you will have a fight with your parents.
- If you are a virgin, don't sing while cooking or you will marry an old man.
- If you dream of losing your teeth, a family member will die. (I told my 'mom-in-law' when I had a dream like this and she told me to bite a spoon hard to counter act to it, I did it any just to be safe.)
- Don't sweep the house at night or you sweep away the blessings.
- If someone leaves the dinner table, turn your plate around or you will not have food soon.
and many many more.
Philippine Flag Inspired fotd
So just for fun I decided to create a look.

It's not that great because I half-assed it and I dont feel like taking it off and reapplying.

11 comments:

MakeupJunkee said...

wow love the look..love the blending..

Unknown said...

wow for the philippine flag inspired. I think youre the first one to do this. I love it!!

KRYSTAL said...

wow love the Filipino inspired look

mszcheysser said...

Hey Shar! Thanks for advertising! HAHA :) You really showed the girl, a great example! I love it! THAAAAAANKS!

Dude, I'm hungry now! After writing this comment, I'm going to the kitchen to eat some food! Wooo!

CHAIGYARU said...

omggg. i loveee that capsicum! :D

Anonymous said...

this is really unique filipina pride :P great look!

wowowee rocks!

FuN and MakeUp said...

omg! the food looks soo delicious! yes i am a FOOD LOVER!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy said...

Hey there, don't you just love philippine cuisine? :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kaz said...

love the eye combo! :D
yey, i'm a filipina hahaha.

Rai said...

That food looks tasty!
Good luck with the contest.

M. Uson said...

aww this looks like a fun contest. I'm not full filipina just descent, my grandma's 1/4... the filipino in my blood is probably very small in amount. But you know what i loveeee filipino food!! especially sinigang! And i love karekare too... the filipino culture is very rich and exciting, i admire it so much. My chamorro culture is slowly and evidently dying out. It's really sad...I just wish we were as devoted to our culture as many filipinos are and how much filipinos take pride in their nation...it is truly admirable... =]