Thursday, May 21, 2009

im back + fotd: black pearl and haul

It's been about two days since the internet was down and IM BACK! That seem'd like forever. Anyway I didnt go to work today because I had a huge headache when I woke up to get ready and I felt like a fever was coming. I had my bf call-in for me because I couldnt get up. So I just slept for another hour and a half, but it turned out to be a false alarm lol, I guess I was just tired. So bf (who I will refer to as 'babe' from now on) wanted to eat lunch at our new favorite restaurant "B.J. BBQ" nothing fancy or anything but their food was mm mmm good. I had the Salisbury Steak and he got the bento. It had 2 tempura shrimps, bbq chicken, steak and SPAM. Haha! It was deelish!

Haul!
Anyway, after lunch I decided to go to the post office and man that line was soooo long. I waited about 30 - 45 minutes to pick up my package. But it was well worth it. I received all the packages I ordered from coastal scents, nyx and mac cosmetics online. I was kind of pissed off when the csr at nyx emailed me and told me that my packaged got sent out on the 15th when I ordered it eversince the 3rd of may. But I got it in 5 days. I was expecting another week.

Coastal Scents. I got the brush guard in the variety pack and the eyeshadow/liner pack for $4.95 each. I love this stuff. The moment I got home I washed my brushes and used up these babies. And its nice coz it keeps the shape of the bristles looking like new. I also got the large foundation/concealer brush for $5,99. This brush works better than my sephora one. Its bigger therefore it does the job in half the time. And, in my opinion, uses up less product. I got this during the sale they had for 16% off. It wasnt much but It was something.

My Brush Bouquet.


MAC Cosmetics Online. As I mentioned a few posts ago, I was browsing around the mac online store when I stumbled upon the pro eyeshadow palettes. I was so excited because we dont have a mac pro store on Guam (i know, that sucks) and the only places where these were available were on the mac pro online store and ebay. Well, only mac pro members are allowed to order from the site -- I know I was able to place an order by phone, but I could never get through -- and most in Ebay's prices were ridiculous! So I ordered 2 palettes and 1 refill pan in 'Expresso'. I had one palette which I bought from ebay for $20. twenty bucks. I was desperate. haha!

I labeled it like this for the mean time. My MAC eyeshadow collection is getting bigger, yayyy!

Black and Brown palette.
Left to right starting at the top row are:
Carbon, Mont Black, Cloudburst, Typographic, Electra, Expresso, Bronze, Woodwinked, Charcoal Brown, Texture, Amber Lights, Fab & Flashy, Femme Fi, Ricepaper, Nylon

Blue and Green palette.
Left to right starting at the top row are:
Climate Blue, Cool Heat, Clarity, Gulf Stream, Aquadisiac, Swimming, Juxt, Mood Ring, Warm Chill

Purple and Pink palette.
Left to right starting at the top row are:
Cassette, Trax, Purple Haze, Passionate, V.I.P., Expensive Pink, Wintersky, Hoppin', Baby Petals, Solar White.

I cant wait to get more refill pans now that they're available at maccosmetics.com.

NYX Cosmetics Online. After waiting for two whole weeks my order from nyx finally came in. I got some trios (not pictured) that I want to use as prizes for my pending contest. So, These are loose powder or pigments, and they're all in pearl.
Left to right:
white, nude, yellow, orange zest, lime, jaded green, space, purple, sky pink, charcoal, black.
Sorry no swatches for now. You know how messy pigments can get.


After the post office I went to check out Ross. I found this realllly cute Queen bed set for under Thirty dollars and it was the last one! Someone was eyeing it so I never let it go. Haha!
Before

After

Black Pearl fotd
I luhh me my smokey eyes!
We had dinner at a chinese restaurant with babe's dad's side for his auntie's birthday. We totally forgot about it so we ran kinda late. And I did not want to go to a dinner without any makeup. Since the smokey eye is what im so used to doing. It was easy and fast like the turbo on babe's car. LOL!

I pretty much used the same things as the previous post (Smokey Electra fotd) but instead of the Electra E/S and the Carbon E/S I used NYX Black Pearl Loose Powder on top of the blackground paint pot.

After dinner we went to dfs galleria and hauled some more. I saw that our mac counter still had the Spiced Chocolate Quad from the Cult of Cherry collection. But they were giving that as a gift if you bought the lippie set from last years Holiday collection. I really didnt care for those lippies but I really wanted the Quad. So I got it. It was regularly $46 and I used my employee discount at 20% off so it totaled to $36.80. Good deal huh?! Quads alone usually cost about the same. Babe's mom ended up buying the lippies from me, except for the lipgloss. I'll probably throw that lipgloss in as a part of the prizes.




Here's a little teaser for my upcoming contest (which will take effect once I reach 100 followers) So get to steppin' and follow me!
Pictured are: MAC Lipglass from the red she said collection, false lashes, NYX trios, NYX Charcoal Pearl Loose Powder, NYX Black Pearl Eyeshadow. I will be adding in more.

8 comments:

Jennnyy. said...

OMGOSH EVERYONE SHOULD START FOLLOWING YOU NOW BECAUSE I LOVE THOSE PRIZES <3 hahahahah!

love the smokey eye, classic look for a dinner :) and i am SO jealous with your NYX pigments haul D:

KRYSTAL said...

wowww i LOVE everythinggg!!! lol and thats alot of pigments! cant wait to hear more about your contest ;]

Mz.Chrissy said...

WOW so much make up :P i wish i could shop like u... loving the smokey look the Pearl loose pigments are soooooooooo pretty, i wanna get those too, where did u get it?

donnarence said...

the smokey eyes is hot.. your lips are pretty.. i wish mine was like that.. yay you got so much makeup.. :D looking forward to your contest,, :P

mszcheysser said...

Woohoo! Everyone is going to get excited for your contest ;)

Rai said...

I got a mini set of Brush Guards!
I think it's perfect, especially after washing brushes.

And your brush holder is TOO CUTE!

Ross rocks! Cute bed set.
Love the look.

And can't wait for you contest.

Julisa said...

i need to get me some brush guards

omG that bed set is sooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... your brush bouquet is so adorable! Very simple, yet so beautiful! Have to make one for my brushes too, hehe... :)

Thanks for sharing your MAC palettes! I love looking at other girls' palettes and their colors.