Saturday, May 9, 2009

blogger meet up, bachelor/ette party, cousin's wedding, haul

Warning: Picture heavy! Contents of this post may take a few seconds to load. Enjoy!

Beauty Blogger Meet Up On Guam!
Featuring Me (Shar),
Cheysser, Shantee & Kay. M.I.A. Maggie, there's always next time honey!
My weekend started a bit early this week. Usually im off on Thursdays, but I asked to switch to Friday for my cousin's wedding. So Thursday night after work, Cheysser, Shantee & I met up with Kay. We had dinner at Tony Roma's. Which was so much fun, I honestly never thought i'd meet anyone from blogger personally (the ones I know dont count). Just because no one really knows where/what Guam is (it's a U.S. Territory). Anyways, She was really sweet, verrry prettty & easy to get along with! We walked and looked around the Duty Free Shop, did a bit of a haul, actually i bought only ONE ITEM! Woohoo! Im finally learning to control. Haha! That's because the time went by so fast, I wish we had more time but she was pretty tired & she had to get up early the next day. So we finished around 11 pm.

I don't have a legit picture of what i wore on my eyes. But i'll list it down.
Face:
MAC Prep+Prime Refined Zone
Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation in Intense Naturel 50
MAC Select Sheer Pressed NC35
CS 28 Neutral Palette for blush
Eyes:
MAC Blackgound PP
MAC Carbon ES *Base
NYX Sahara *Crease
MAC Solar White ES *Highlight
MAC Blacktrack FL
Lips:
Carmex - I love this stuff!
Sephora Gloss Ultra Brilliance #20

Ugh! My glasses hid it.

Kay & I before dinner. She's so Kawaii!

LOL! We ended up ordering the same thing. BABYBACK RIBS!


In front of the Lancome counter at DFS. Shantee, Cheysser, Kay & Me.


Bachelor/ette Party!
Party over here, whoop whoop! Party over there whoop whoop! LOL.
This was the same night we had the meet up, and if you read carefully up there then you know we ended a little later than planned. I couldnt change my makeup and that's why you'll see that it was kind of faded. I really wanted to do the look I did on the last fotd posted but again time was of the essence. Moving on.
LOL! To avoid any drama, we decided to stick together. Boys & Girls. We celebrated by barhopping! I love going out with my cousins. First, we went to Magic Styx, a pretty popular pool hall on Guam. We stayed for about an hour, and had some drinks.


After that, we went to check out a new club called Club 7 deuce, but when we got there, cops filled the parking lot. A fight probably broke out. I was disappointed coz I really wanted to watch the "skin to win" contest. Also known as an amateuer strip contest, where all they win is $300, that is cheeeapp! But hey they gotta hustle!
Instead we got to go to a nearby karaoke bar. That's where we had the most fun. Our family lovesss to sing. So we enjoyed each others awesome voices : ) We sang love songs to the soon to be married couple. It was so sweet. haha
My babe & I. He's a little tipsy, just the way I like it.

The bartender making our B52's. Yummmayy!

Kahlua, Bailey's & Bacardi 151, with a fireball. Drink it from the bottom up with a straw. So you get the soothing Kahlua & Bailey's right before the abrupt kick of the 151. It burned so good! Haha. Unfortunately the fire didnt show up on the picture it was pretty.

Right before we made our alkie faces. haha.

Getting ready to shoot at the same time and Midori sour as my chaser.

I was getting scared LOL!

Bottoms up!

The bartender put a little too much of that 151.

I was like morrrre haha!

We took up the whole bar.

My brother singing "Bed of Roses".

My cousin Jason, feeling the song haha.

The groom, yelling his lungs out. He plays too much rockband, haha.



Porte - Marquez Wedding / fotd

Since no one is allowed to look better than the bride I did a neutral look for myself. I was happy with the way it turned out. The lashes gave the look that extra oomph!





Face:
Chanel Mat Lumiere in Intense Naturel 50
MAC HK Tahitian Sand Beauty Powder
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Light Flush
CS 28 Neutral Palette as Blush
Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Coastal Scents 28 Neutral ES Palette
MAC Blacktrack FL
False Lashes
Lips:
Carmex
MAC Bomb Shell LS
Sephora Gloss Ultra Brilliance #21
Before the Ceremony
Marvin & I with the beautiful Background.



Janet, Me & Maryanne. Alot of our other cousins are M.I.A. because they had to work : (

Maryanne & Shar

Janet & Shar

During the ceremony
Weddings make me cry, but I was trying hard not to because my makeup.




After the ceremony
Mr. & Mrs. Kristian & Joanna Marquez with the brides parents & brother.

Not all of us were there.

The boys.

Haulage!
So I got a few goodies from Kei. She gave me these yummmy hello kitty candies. And a nail polish in a reaaally cute shade of pink. The bag it came in was so cute so I had to include it in the picture.

I've always been so skeptical about using false lashes coz I can never put them on nicely/natural looking. Even though i've watch youtube tutorials and practiced practiced practiced, I cant get the hang of it until NOW! I know, gosh! Better late than never. My cousin Maryanne wanted to go to the discount store and she convinced me to get them and im glad she did. They work just as good, if not better, than MAC's lashes. The best part is, they're so cheap. $1. I also got the DUO lash adhesive, oil blotting papers and this cute flower hair ornament that I wore to the ceremony. And the "one item" I bought that night with the girlies was the MAC 275 brush. All I need to complete my eye brushes is the 212. Then i'll move on to the face brushes that I dont have yet.

Anyways, stay tuned for the next post. I gotta catch up with the taggs that i've been getting. Sorry guys! I promise i'll get to it. Till then ladies!

4 comments:

KRYSTAL said...

i like your makeup at the wedding ceremony!

Chomfifi said...

wow so many pictures! looks like you guys had a great time! :D

M. Uson said...

Thanks hun! You made my self-esteem rise 10 points and that's a huge deal lol... But anyways, yea i wish i went to the dinner. But my hubby kept bugging me to find out if your bf was going, cause it was his only day off and he didn't want to spend it with me giving you girls attention and him not being able to relate to our make-up/fashion frenzy lol... Did your bf go with you? Well, if ever we meet up, bring him so they hang out while we shop or whatever! LOL.... Well you look so beautiful hun! I love your wedding party look!!!

K said...

Girl, it was nice to meet you too!! But NO ONE spells my name as "Kei"... it's my Japanese name that not even my parents use... and the only reason you know it is cuz it's on my passport!!!! LOL Feels awkward being called that!!!!