Friday, August 14, 2009

good news, bad news

So to understand the bad news you have to know the good news. I sold my Blackberry Curve 8320! Yayy! I posted it up on a local forum and the next day got so many calls/texts. I was originally asking for $250 obo because I changed the whole housing, keypads, side buttons and trackball. I got to sell it for $230, not bad. Why did I sell my blackberry? Because I wanted a White IPhone 3GS and I bought one online already. So I cant wait for that. Anyways here's a before&after picture of my beloved blackberry.

Before:
After:

Look at this sexxxy ass phone!

Now for the bad news. Before I sold my blackberry, I called Docomo (service provider) and told them that Im planning to switch over from a blackberry to an iphone. I asked them if I can use the blackberry data on the iphone...and she said yes, I asked again "are you sure" and she said yes. A while later I wanted to be sure so I called again and spoke to another staff, asked the same question. She even said "yes we have some customers that do that". The next day, I still wasnt confident enough to go through with selling the bb. So I called again and spoke to yet another staff and said yes as well. So I sold it. Right after the lady who bought my phone left, I called Docomo again. I asked again and this time she (different person) said no and with an attitude too. She was all trying to make me feel/look stupid. She was like "that's why they call it the blackberry data" I wanted to get ghetto on her and cuss her ass out. But no I was civil, I explained about the 3 different staffs that gave me the "wrong information". And she said, and I understand, that the blackberry data is made especially for the blackberry and wont work for any other phone. Soooo I asked her, since the bb data wont work on an iphone, can I change my plan from the bb data to the regular data. And all she told me was that There will be a cancelation penalty, half of what I have left on my contract. I have about 20 months left at $39.50 a month [thats $790 minus half = $395, what i will have to pay to cancel]. . I am not paying any cancellation fees, if thats the case, I wouldnt even have sold my bb had I known the correct information. If it wasnt for them telling me that its ok then I wouldnt have sold it. I am not letting this go. I am not gna be penalized for being given the wrong information. three times. It's ridiculous and I cant express how pissed off I am. Thats the reason I asked so many times before I followed through and they are not willing to compromise for their staffs' mistakes. I even talked to the supervisor and she's giving me the same bs. I clearly stated that I am not going to pay 400 freaking dollars for something that could have easily been avoided. Its not like im trying to scam them, I am willing to keep the data as long as they change it to the regular data. Its stupid isnt it? Im the "victim" for a lack of a better word, and im still the one being penalized. I was so stressed at work and couldnt concentrate. Its either I cancel that bb data and pay $400, keep paying for the bb data at $40 a month til april 2011 or get a new blackberry. But I just payed $700 for an Iphone (again because they said it was ok) and I dont wna sell that coz I want it. I wish I had their Names. I remember 1 out of the 3. Oh and another thing, the supervisor said, when she checked my account, that there was no remarks or notes saying that I asked that. Of course, because those good for nothing bitches didnt ask for my account number. So now im even more fucked, with no proof. The only thing I can say to back myself up is: Why would I set myself up for this? Why would anyone? Why would I set myself to pay a cancelation fee worth hundreds of $$? If this was my fault then I will take full responsibility, its not my fault I was given the wrong info three times in a row. I swear, had I known that its not possible then I wouldnt sell it in the first place. I never really was excited about an iphone until the first time i asked that. When I was told its possible, thats when I started really wanting an iphone. Help? Im fucked!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i have the black iphone and it has so many scratches! even when i have a case on it.. now i want the white one too!!

and BOOOOOOO to them!! man, you'd think that out of THREE people, one of them would have at least given you the right info! frustrating! :( hope it gets sorted out soon!

Sherry said...

OMG thats a lot of money.

there is free 3G phone here but will cost like RM400 a month. Will need to pay that amount for two years. Which is a contract and thats why I not buy.

Anonymous said...

hey, girl. there may be some hope for you. i kinda had the same dilemma. i had always been with sprint but wanted to change to ATT cause i wanted the iphone. if i canceled with sprint, i would have to pay a couple hundred dollars to end my contract so i could join ATT. when my brothers went into the navy, sprint did something where they only charged my brother's like $10 a month for their phone since they couldn't use it. i forgot what it's called. i think it's some sort of suspension. for military people that can't use their phone, some phone companies charge a SMALL fee. they also do it for ppl traveling abroad because when you go out of the country, your phone may not work. if i were you, i would say that you are gonna be gone for a few months, traveling abroad and you will not be able to use your phone. tell your phone company that you heard there was something that cellular companies offer for military people and people that go out of the country. that could help you. i had 4 months left until my contract ended and all i did was pay $10 for each month. so i got my iphone in the mean time. i hope you get it figured out!

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Oh no! I wish I had advice to help you, but I'd have no clue what to do :( I think that it's total BS that people told you the wrong info though, gosh what stupid workers. I feel really bad for you though and hope that another blogger can give you some good info/advice on what to do for you *fingers crossed*

KRYSTAL said...

damnnnnNn $400 dollars! id be pissed too! just sell the iphone (im sure someone out there will buy it) and get another bb! 400 bucks for cancellation fee is too muchhhhhhh. i really hate guamcell too. they're stupiddd! they overcharged us one time, cuz this new person helped us & he didnt know what he was doing!

lindah said...

yeah my sidekick data plan stopped working with the iphone :( But that's because tmobile found a way to block it if you weren't using the sidekick anymore. You gotta check online forums to see for sure if you can or not :) I'm sure they'll find a way to cheat the system again soon... because I'm dying without internet! LOL xD

x_JENNYLYN said...

wth are you serious!? and i thought when guamcell switches to docomo they'll be so much better! why wont you have marvin go to docomo and ask in person or didnt you say your coworker did that too?? ask her to go with you or something!

Shar [X3MZSHAR] said...

@EVERYONE: Thanks guys, im really stressed about this problem. Thank God you guys are letting me know that in this situation I AM RIGHT! lol im done being wrong! They better have a compromise. I'll update on it as soon as I have info. Thanks guys!