Wednesday, August 26, 2009

contest update, new vanity, haul

My contest is ending in a few days (August 31st). So get your entries in as soon as possible. So far, with the ones I have, im having a hard time choosing. All you ladies did a wonderful Job! I know I havent been updating you guys on the contest as regularly as I should, actually I havent really been updating my blog period. Haha.. I was busy with work and all and just been lazy to type. LOL!


So anywaysss, I posted up a wishlist entry a while ago. And one of my priorities on the list was a vanity. Just when I almost gave up I ran into one at Kmart. I wasnt even there to look for one, it kinda just popped up and I just had to get it. I am so glad I didnt settle for the ones I already saw for like $500 and up, uh uh I am not spending that much on a table. But the one I got at Kmart was only $165.99 and its pretty darn close to what I was visioning. It's perfect. It was the last one too : )


This was the vanity I had in my mind. I love black furnitures.

And this is the one I bought at Kmart. The only difference is the color and it has no mirror and stool but those are just minor things to worry about. I am so glad I went to Kmart that night, if I waited another day I wouldnt even know that it even existed there LOL. They said they just put out 5 that afternoon and it sold fast. The one I have was even the one on Display, they had put it out only for a few hours, So it wasnt used and abused if that's what you're thinking : p and plus I was not gna let someone else take it. I saw that other people were eyeing it. Haha. Another plus was that it was already assembled. So I just brought it home and organized away.
I love my new vanity. More space, more storage and its just so gorgeous!

Another thing i've been in search for is a nude/close to my skintone lipstick. And thanks to Lindah, I found one, it's M.A.C.'s Freckletone lipstick! She told me that she was an NC40-ish shade and so am I. Thank you gorgeous! I am so happy that its in the permanent line, woohoo!
M.A.C. Liquidlast Eyeliner in Point Black.
I've been waking up a few minutes later for work lately and the gel fluid liner takes too much time and effort. So I wanted one thats easier to handle and more on-the-go. I love this stuff, its like more than waterproof, lol. It last forever. Haha
And strolling around/shopping all day in heels is painful, so I went and got me these flipflops to wear. OMG They are so comfy and I can walk forever in them. Dang flip flops were prettty pricey $21. This is some kinda surf brand, Cobian.



Oh and I finally received my IPHONE 3GS! Wooohoo, anyone know of any good apps?! Fill me in!

12 comments:

Dana Yoshimizu said...

oOo I LOVE the vanity!!! :D It looks so nice~! ^__^

Jem said...

wow!
love the table
looks great

lots of space & you can move around
if i ever move ill buy one like that too!
hehe

congrats on having your iphone3g!
^_^

Jasmin said...

Awesome vanity! Very cute!

lindah said...

Do you like freckletone?! :) I find that when I'm having a "mustachey" day I can't wear it :( haha, because it makes my lip area more noticeable! But never the less, it's still a HEALTHY nude color :D and wow $21 flip flops?!?! OMG... They better be comfortable! And I need a vanity. I need new furniture, that's my goal for next year! ^_^

Apps I like are:
- paper toss
- blowfish
- dactyl 2
- falling balls
- ishift (there's also a lite version)
- mazefinger
- sally's spa (not SALON!)
- unblock me (really challenging... LOL)

haha :) I think there's free versions for all of those before you commit to paying $0.99! Hope you like some of them!

Anonymous said...

I love the vanity! I want one too - i've been on the hunt so my next stop is Ikea since they have gorgeous stuff & for very cheap :)

Love the nude lipstick. I need something like that but i'm an NC30 so i think that may be to dark for me?

Great post!

Sofia said...

very pretty vanity...girl u could just buy a mirror for decoration and put it up as ur vanity mirror...thats what I did!! I was just thinking of doing a post on my "vanity" it's really a desk!! lol!! I love that lippie...I want freckletone too

Unknown said...

i love your vanity table. its soo nice. my dream is to have a similar one someday. i cant have a huge table in the room because we have no space lol.

Camille Santos said...

i wish i have one of those...its so pretty..

lindah said...

I think my entry is OKAY. I didn't get tooo into the arabic look like wearing scarves and stuff, but then again most of the pictures that came up didn't even have them wearing those :P I'm sure it'll be easy for you to rate the entries ^_^

Tiff said...

That's a really cute vanity. I really like how freckletone looks; I'm gonna have to check it out next time I'm at a Mac counter.

Maui (Suushh) said...

ooh nice vanity! looking to upgrade mine as well. And i love freckletone! :)and those liquidlast eyeliners do last forever haha.

Maui (Suushh) said...

ooh nice vanity! looking to upgrade mine as well. And i love freckletone! :)and those liquidlast eyeliners do last forever haha.