Monday, August 2, 2010

I need sleep like a crackhead need crack...

It's 6 am and I haven't gone to bed yet. I enjoyed re-reading my old posts (and comments) and have decided to start up this beauty blog again, little by little. Alot has happened in my absence. The last time I posted was Valentine's day (2010)...WOW!
Anyway the boyfriend and I took a vacation to LA, California and absolutely loved it. It was my first time there. I live on Guam, a small U.S. Territory island thats only 30 miles long and 4 miles wide...so you can imagine how bored I am. Hahah! We stayed in California for about 3 weeks and Vegas for a week. Before I left for this vacay...I suddenly decided to sell my car and quit my job. I was thinking about going back to school when I got back.
While I was vacationing I applied to work in different areas just for fun. And landed one in retail...it made me think about moving out to Cali since I had gotten rid of most of my major bills. Exactly one month after coming back from vacay I packed everything and moved to Cali, it was my first time travelling alone so far away from home...my boyfriend had to stay behind because he had our other car to pay off first or sell it which ever came first. He threw me a little Bon Voyage party at a bar and my parents were my first visitors. Before everyone came my parents were giving me that pep talk about being careful and calling them everyday and then...my dad starts to cry, which is rare and im sure its like that for most of you... he was telling me that Im his only daughter and this is the first time theyre gna experience one of their kids being away. And it finally hit me that im gna make my life somewhere else...without my family and friends there...and without my soulmate (for a while). I honestly didnt wna leave anymore after that. But I was also eager to have a new life...
I took a week or two off before I had to report to work and my friends and I drove to the bay and back and did alot of sightseeing that I didnt get to do on my vacation time. It was soooo much fun and I really liked living the independant life...unfortunately I was wayyyy to homesick and especially my boyfriend wasnt there to make things better. I tried to suck it up but ultimately I just wanted to be with him and my family for a little bit longer. Imagine making that big (impulsive) decision in a months time...so I stayed another month in LA and then Marvin flew me back and have been happier since. We still want to do the Cali life but this time together :D That month apart from each other actually made our love deeper and appreciate each other more :D
Its been another month since I got back home and I will be attending school soon. I hope you enjoyed that little update/story... and now I can catch up on the beauty part of this blog.

1 comment:

Roxy said...

hey girl! omg who is your friend? i know a lot of people from guam actually my husbands from guam! and OMG he got orders to guam so he's moving there in oct but i'll be staying here to finish up school! i'm gnna be visiting him a lot tho i'm gnna be there for the holidays this year maybe we could meet up?! that's so crazy tho! =] but im confused are you moving to cali or you're still on guam?! lol it is hard leaving the ones you love but im' sure when everythings right you'll get to leave :]