So, I made my very first sale on eBay! Yay me right?! Well it turned out to be a scam as I suspected. The buyer with the username "imbrenstemig" contacted me and told me he/she would like to purchase the item. After giving info about shipping and all that he/she used the "buy it now" feature. I noticed he/she had zero feedback and I was thinking maybe she was just a new user. So I thought using paypal was safe... this person paid me with a total different name and email address, and I was thinking maybe it was her bf/husband (because sometimes I use my bf's account) but at the back of my mind I already was thinking it was something I should be alarmed about. The person im having these email conversations with has a different name from the person it was sent to and the person who paid. I'm pretty much
Thursday, August 19, 2010
People who live in the Philippines...I need help ASAP!
Or anyone for that matter.
So, I made my very first sale on eBay! Yay me right?! Well it turned out to be a scam as I suspected. The buyer with the username "imbrenstemig" contacted me and told me he/she would like to purchase the item. After giving info about shipping and all that he/she used the "buy it now" feature. I noticed he/she had zero feedback and I was thinking maybe she was just a new user. So I thought using paypal was safe... this person paid me with a total different name and email address, and I was thinking maybe it was her bf/husband (because sometimes I use my bf's account) but at the back of my mind I already was thinking it was something I should be alarmed about. The person im having these email conversations with has a different name from the person it was sent to and the person who paid. I'm pretty muchfucked because I am not covered by Paypal's seller protection plan. To be covered I would have to have sent it to a "verified shipping address" and (not or) have to have proof that it was delivered. The proof of the delivery part is probably okay because I shipped with USPS Express Mail with insurance and they would have to get a signature but the other part is what I am kicking myself in the ass for and that I should have been more careful... They buyer didnt have a verified shipping address. I tried contacting USPS to have them stop the delivery but they cant do anything because it has already reached the Philippines and USPS can only recall a package or do anything with the package basically is if its still in US possesion... What I am trying to do now is contact Philippines customs or The post office (the package is being delivered in Pasay City) so I can have them stop from delivery! I've been searching HI & LOW for contact numbers and I am trying to do all this before it gets delivered. It has been in P.I. Customs possesion since the 14th...They could be releasing it very soon. And once it delivers I have no choice but the refund because the credit card holder made a complaint that they didnt authorize the charge... and If the item was worth let's say $100 -$200 I wouldnt be as worried...but this item is worth $700. This person is a true scam artist!
So, I made my very first sale on eBay! Yay me right?! Well it turned out to be a scam as I suspected. The buyer with the username "imbrenstemig" contacted me and told me he/she would like to purchase the item. After giving info about shipping and all that he/she used the "buy it now" feature. I noticed he/she had zero feedback and I was thinking maybe she was just a new user. So I thought using paypal was safe... this person paid me with a total different name and email address, and I was thinking maybe it was her bf/husband (because sometimes I use my bf's account) but at the back of my mind I already was thinking it was something I should be alarmed about. The person im having these email conversations with has a different name from the person it was sent to and the person who paid. I'm pretty much
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG SHAR!!! did you get to stop it?! man ebay is scary!
Post a Comment