Sunday, August 29, 2010

stupid bottle, new lippy.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion...
I'm in love with the product... but I just hate that pretty bottle! I have tried other eyeshadow primers (like Benefit's F.Y. Eye or MAC's Prep+Prime to name a few) and yesss this, like many of you, is my HG. Even with the new wand there's still a good amount left in it, but what's the use?! When the time comes to massacre that bottle and save the product... I give it a few days and it dries up on me... It defeats the whole purpose, because I still have to throw it out anyway. I've tried different containers from regular sample jars to MAC's paintpot and fluid liner jars and they just dont do the job... because my room is just cold. Your gna laugh when I tell you that I was so desperate, I even tried to heat it up in the microwave for about 10 seconds or less... it became even more dry... and hard. Hahah! Yeah stupid move... Anyway, enough ranting.

Look at all that product left in there that the wand couldn't reach.


Urban Decay listened again, first when they changed the wand and then when we said we just wanted that bottle gone! It now comes in a squeezable tube. No more wasted product and better yet its alot less contaminated. The old bottled ones were $16-$18 for 0.34 oz. The new squeeze tube is $29 with 25 ml more product at 0.85 oz. It's pretty expensive but at least now your really getting all your money's worth. Now if they could just do the same with Sin and Eden :D






I found another lippy that fits my criteria for my skin tone (NC42), It was MAC's Siss and before that was MAC's Freckle tone. I didn't like that Freckle tone was in a lustre finish... Im more into the Satin, Matte and Cream finish lipsticks. Siss seemed perfect but it was still a tad bit too light and just felt like I looked like an oompa loompa. I definitely wanted some pink tones but thought pink was never my color. Some people could definitely pull off the light/pale lips but I feel I cant. So since I needed to back-to-mac a few containers I went in and picked up 'Faux'. It's a color I would never have picked up just by looking at it or even swatched on the back of my hand, the SA insisted that I try it on and I just fell in love. It suits my skintone imo and it has a bit of a mauvy-pinkish undertone. So its got that pop of color.







I also want to share with you something I thought was cool. I'm the person who does my hair before my makeup because I like the feeling of fresh makeup on my face before I leave the house lol. It takes some time with my hair and if I were to do my makeup first It'll start to feel all oily and cakey, yuck! I usually where my hair sleek & straight and when Im done with the hair part I usually have to tie it back to do makeup since claw clips never seem to have a good enough grip and since my hair is silky/smooth it starts falling all over my face. I hate the crease ties make in my hair after untying but I found these clips at kmart by scuni, they were $5.99. They have double claws and let me tell you that they really hold your hair back. If you have the same problem you should definitely check them.





No comments: