I ordered two things off of Krystal's Blog Sale last week and I received it today. Yayyy Thanks Krystal! First thing I got was the Famous NARS Blush in ORGASM mmm! lol. It was bubble wrapped so nicely but I noticed some of the product was all over the packaging --stupid post office people, when they see the package says "FRAGILE" they will not handle with care, the more they will just toss it around. I heard a few friend's relatives did that when they worked there ugh-- anyway I already knew before I opened it that it was cracked but I was still praying that it wasnt.
If this ever happens to you ladies, dont throw it out just yet. You can actually save it and re-press it, it's just like pressing a pigment. Its kinda unpretty and messy but its better than wasting the cash you spent for it. So anyway here's what you'll need:
Your cracked product, a petri dish, a spatula (in my case im using the end of an eyebrow shaver), a stick to mix, rubbing alcohol (i used green cross isopropyl alcohol with 70% solution but any rubbing alcohol is fine), paper towel(s) and...

Place your cracked product in the petri dish and smash until they are really broken up and fine. At this point you can eithe follow the next few steps or keep it as it is and place it in a jar with a sifter. You can use it kinda like a mineralized blush : D

Once you get it smashed enough, add a few drops at a time of alcohol and mix. Its better to start off with a little because you can always add and its harder to subtract.

Mix it until you get a pasty consistency. Once you get to that consistency, place it in the middle of the container of your choice with your spatula and tap lightly to evenly distribute and to get rid of any bubbles at the bottom of the pan.
When its firm enough, take your paper towel and blot it until no more color gets on the paper towel. And then let it sit for another ten to fifteen minutes. While your waiting, you can clean up the mess around it and because the case I used is kinda rubbery, alcohol will help take off some residue but be extra careful and use a Qtip or something similar to that. A bbq skewer stick with a little cotton wrapped around will get into the crevices better.

Be sure not to use your hands directly like stupid ol' me, unless you dont mind, because they will stain it for a while.

After letting it sit for a while take your flat surfaced object and wrap a paper towel (or an old shirt) around it and just press the product firmly. The markings on the paper towel or tshirt will be stamped onto the product, let it dry completely (about an hour or more if you feel it needs more) and then its ready to use again.

Here's a swatch of the re-pressed Nars Orgasm Blush (on my middle finger) LOL dont mind my stained pointer finger. Anyway I hope that helped, im so happy i didnt just throw it out!
Another haul from Krystal's blog sale is the M.A.C. Pigment in Violet. I Also Got the M.A.C. Pigment in Brash & Bold a few days ago and Damn! My M.A.C Counter raised their prices WAY UP again! It is now $30! Im just gna stick to MACOnline.


Dont forget to check out Krystal's Blog Sale and My Blog Sale ! Till next time ladies.
8 comments:
sorryyy shar!! =[[[[
but goodjob pressing it. it looks pretty! i like how it has that napkin design on it!
and wow 30 bucks for pigments!? thats toooo muchh. mac there is really overpricing their items.
I actually like the pattern from the paper towel LOL! One of the blushes in my palette broke and I'm too chicken to fix it. But I will give it a try, this technique is pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing! :) xoxo
wow!
awesome haul!
the colors are so lovely!
^_^
i used to press my pigments too but i stopped...i dunno
why though
hehe
I love the swatches, the colors are pretty ^_^
wow!! u did an awesome job fixing that blush!!
Wonderful! thanks for this post.
great job on the pressing! seriously i would have cried!
I cracked my smoke&diamonds eyeshadow and I still haven't thrown it out even though I got another one LOL! I'm still using it though! It's such a waste of product to just chunk it! Wouldn't it be cheaper to have a personal main lander buy you mac products and send it? LOL! I would not pay $30 for a pigment! That is just WAYY too expensive even though it'll last you like 3 generations haha :)
Post a Comment